Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking to buy my first board. Help a noobie out?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 09:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Poseidenj

Default Looking to buy my first board. Help a noobie out?

Hey everyone. I live in Seattle. I've been skiing for a while, and I can do blacks, but I started boarding this year, and I like it significantly more (I only started skiing because my friends at the time did, haha). I've been up four times, two of those times on lifts, and I think I have at least a decent hang of it.

Personal info
132 pounds (My friend is kind of a big guy, haha, and he weighs a fair amount more than I do). Note this later
5'8"
My shoe size is 10.
I do not do park. Right now I am doing Blue runs, which are groomed, but I do want to eventually do Blacks(which include ungroomed runs of course).
Dunno if this makes a difference, but I am fairly athletic/in shape. Not like a state champion or anything, haha, but I run, lift weights, use a balance board, etc.

I used my friend's Ride Control those four times. It is a bit old (I can't contact him right now, but it's between 2005 and 2008). It has Ride LS bindings, which are the same age. It's 149 CM. My friend is offering to sell this to me, bindings included, for $150 Although it does need waxing, and some sharpening. It's fairl

I will continue to Snowboard, and would like to invest in a board. Is this worth it to invest in an old board, even if it is a pretty decent price? My friend said that it's a bit small for me, and I basically sacrifice some speed, but gain some maneuverability.

But, I'm willing to shell out more money to get a new in season board. Granted if that is a smarter option than getting an out of date board (for the price and the such). So, help me out here?
Poseidenj is offline   Reply With Quote