Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 09' lib tech trs with magna and banana
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 02:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
PATKOUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickybonez View Post
I'm 6'2 about 210lbs and i ride a 162 trs i've been riding lib boards for awhile and love them....... Except this one I don't know if its me or not, but i just can't get comfortable with the board i swear i change my stance everytime i ride and i think i have it right, but its not.. I"ve been asking around and some ppl love it and some ppl hate it. I also find that some ppl said that on that board you should go smaller and some ppl said go bigger. I wanted to know what you guys think or if you've had any experience like this?
I generally prefer high-speed oriented all-mountain type riding with random/infrequent excursions through the park to hit the medium-sized jumps and, of course, as much fresh, deep powder as I can get when it's available to me.

In December of 2008 I picked up a 2008-2009 Lib-Tech Dark Series 161 MTX--which I love because it excels at the type of riding I like--hard chargin' and hard carvin'.

My Dark is very responsive--it's stiff enough to bomb on, super poppy, and super edge-y with its MTX edges. I think it's a killer high speed all-mountain board. I'm pretty sure that the Dark is and always has been LT's stiffest and edge-iest board.

Near the end of 2008-2009 I spent about an hour or so on my friend's 2008-2009 LT TRS 157 BTX and I did not like it at all. I attribute this feeling to the board's Banana reverse-camber. While carving, that board would instantly spin-out on me on what seemed like practically any/every little bump and/or depression. My belief is that BTX is just too "loose" for my preferences.

However my brother, whose riding style is very similar to mine, has told me that he likes his 2008-2009 LT TRS 159 BTX very much BECAUSE of its characteristic Banana/reverse-camber "looseness" and he charges on it no problem.

So while my brother and I are both hard-chargers, he likes BTX, but I do not and don't want anything to do with it.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose...

p.s. I'm 5'9"/185# with size 10 feet/boots and my brother is 6'1"/150# with size 10 feet/boots also.

Last edited by PATKOUG; 01-30-2011 at 03:14 PM.
PATKOUG is offline   Reply With Quote