Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 09' lib tech trs with magna and banana
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
PATKOUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickybonez View Post
exactly that's the way i feel every little bump/depression i feel like i'm gonna wipe out.. Sometimes I don't even where my goggles because i don't want to lose control on bumps I can't see in the shady areas. When i spoke to a sales rep they pretty much told me the same thing about the banana camber. They suggested a yes board next.
I think that that sales rep probably recommended a Yes board to you because most Yes Boards utilize a cambered/reverse-cambered hybrid called Camrock.

I haven't tried any cambered/reverse-cambered hybrids as of yet, but I'm definitely interested in doing so and there are a-lot to choose from.

If you like MTX, a C2BTX board might be the hot ticket for you as far as cambered/reverse-cambered hybrids go.

However, I wouldn't just rule-out reverse-cambered boards wholesale because they're not all the same--they're not "all created equal" so to speak...

On that note, I just picked up a "Jib-Rockered" 2009-2010 K2 Jibpan 159 earlier this season right around Thanksgiving which is mostly flat with just a little bit of reverse-camber in its tips and it exhibits none of the negative tendencies I experienced with that 2008-2009 TRS 157 BTX. It carves/edges/turns solidly--very much like a full-cambered board--and it also floats fresh powder considerably better than any other similarly-sized full-cambered board that I've ridden because of its slight reverse-camber. And, like a-lot of people say about reverse-cambered boards, its slightly-raised tips also provide a little more forgiveness when landings are less than perfect. I like it a-lot.

Last edited by PATKOUG; 01-30-2011 at 08:46 PM.
PATKOUG is offline   Reply With Quote