Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board and Size Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 10:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
onji

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowSportGuy View Post
Now when it comes to bindings, are there some that are better than others or act differently?

Sorry for all the questions.
I'm going to try and avoid saying some bindings are better and others are worse as an overall quality. But given that, some bindings are better for some people, and others are not.

I don't know a whole lot about bindings but I'd recommend if you can't get a test run on the setup, at least see how your feet feel inside your boot, inside the binding, atop the board.

You also need to decide on whether you want ratchet bindings or the quick-release (Flow) bindings. They're both good types of binding. The quick-release are good because you can get in & out of them really quickly and (IMO) don't create pronounced pressure points on your feet. It's for these reasons my girlfriend prefers quick-release. I prefer ratchet because (IMO) I get quicker response from the board which I prefer at high speed & in the park. I also find the quick-release bindings really hard to release if you get buried in deep powder.
onji is offline   Reply With Quote