Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - A few 2012 Forum reviews/previews
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 10:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin89 View Post
Hey great reviews Nivek. I was thinking of getting the youngblood double dog next year for big jumps cause i like the way my subzero gullwing rides and the double dog is essentially the same structure so my question is the youngblood ride like a stiffer subzero would? i like the ride the sub provides but i feel i need some more substance since im going bigger on jumps now

i gues my real question is if double dog rides similar to gullwing?
Closest thing to Gullwing is Flow's I-rock or EZ-rock. That said, for a 2012 board that will compliment your Sub well try the Destroyer DoubleDog over the Youngblood. Its a touch softer which really just means it takes less muscle to ride and pop, it felt damper to me too. Others would be the Signal Omni, Fastplant... I'll have some more suggestions in like two days. Flow has a new board that should be really good, its a touch softer version of the Quantum. DC also has a new one that almost all their pros have made their pro model, the Ply. Regular camber between the feet and then it kinda mellows out in the tips so more of your contact pressure is under your feet. Honestly if you want a really good jump board, get straight camber. More power, control, and pop.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote