Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Anyone missing their cambered board?

4K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  abadidol 
#1 ·
I am awaiting the delivery of an Arbor Coda, really looking forward to it. Sounds like a fun board, and I also tend to spend most of my time in the bumps, trees, powder, and smaller cliff/drops, so I think it will match my riding well. This will be my first non-cambered board, curious if anyone regretted heading this direction. Thanks for the insight. BR

#2 ·
I got a Never Summer evo at the beginning of the season, and i love the rocker in the park and pow. The only problem is how squirley it feels bombing down groomers, and on choppy stuff it really sucks. For your style it seems like a rockered board would be good for you,with the exception of bumps unless you cruise through, and not bomb through.

#3 ·
Thanks, looking forward to see how it does on the bumps. The mountain(mary Jane) I spend most of my time on has some serious bumps and I do run through them pretty quick. I was hoping the flex would make it a bit easier, so we will see. I am keeping my old board as well, appreciate the insight.BR

#9 ·
I've got an '05 NS Legacy that I just refuse to let go of... Rode it for 4 or 5 years until I bought some new boards last season and she's pretty much retired now, but I did take her out at Snowbird last February. That deck is a tank and the edge-hold & braking power is superb - I trust that board in places I wouldn't take my other ones :D

#10 ·
Currently ride NS Revolver, Titan TX, and Raptor X. The RC or hybird type rockers are pretty hard to beat for freestyle and all mountain. Tons of versatility and few drawbacks, especially if you want one do it all board. I'm not quite sold on it for freeride. The Raptor for example is very versatile and easy to ride, but at the limit in almost any condition I prefer Titan. I still think cambered boards are best at the upper end each discipline, with the exception of dedicated powder riding.

#11 ·
I use a cambered board as a parkboard, and when using a friend's board with rocker, I feel out of control. Ofcourse the rocker is more forgiving, but when jumping and going some faster, I just don't like it. Don't think I'll ever ride a rocker board, even for freestyle/jibbing...

#12 ·
Not missing it a bit, infact I decided to trash my revolver. %99 of the time I ride it's jibbing. I thought when I originally bought the revolver it would be my resort/trip board. After riding it and trying to go back to camber I cant. Its not fun, it sucks.

Feeling the board grip in the nose and tail during a turn felt like shit. The under the foot feeling I get on my n.s. has me never looking at camber again. With the exception of tbt, that is somthing I wanna try.

To each his own, but reg camber to me just didnt feel as fun or responsive.

#15 ·
Just had a Travis Rice in the powder for the first real time yesterday and really enjoyed it, it made my life much easier then my traditional camber. I also rode in some intense icy patches sunday and the Magnetraction was great in it! Really felt those teeth digging in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.