Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Park Etiquette
Thread: Park Etiquette
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 11:11 AM   #102 (permalink)
Hurl3y182

correct me if im at the wrong...

but the other day i was lapping the park during my lunch break. I was hitting this long jump line of about 4 jumps built entirely on flow (each jump gets bigger and the following jump cant be cleared unless previous jump is landed or boosted).

[story 1]
I was coming up to the last ~50ft kicker of the line and there was a skier wedging towards the jump, about 30 yards away and in the direct line of traffic. I didnt feel like wasting the run so i yelled "drop" "dropping" "look out" a couple times and cut him off.
End of story.

[story 2]
Fast forward a couple runs and practically the same thing happens! Only this time it was a skier looking for corduroy.
I was coming in toward the last jump and the skier in front was going moderately fast (but his intentions were clearly the "im going to ski over the roller and do 'S' turns where people land", i could tell this because he didnt nearly have enough speed for the jump itself and he wasnt slowing down to stop on the side of the knuckle)
Again i didnt want to waste a run so i hit the jump with my original plan to cork-spin. At the time however the skier was just a few feet ahead of me 'S'-turning on the landing. And as you can imagine, once i land we nearly collide. The guy gets all mad and i continue to ride away.

i think good etiquette is giving the traffic behind you 100% right of way. to disrupt someones flowing line is just disrespectful and you leave yourself open to getting snaked.

Last edited by Hurl3y182; 02-03-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Hurl3y182 is offline   Reply With Quote