Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Anyone Heard Of Ride Revolt's????

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mojo maestro 
#1 · (Edited)
Please Delete

#2 ·
I bought those for my brother. They are definitely more all-mountain then park focused. I would say that all Ride bindigns tend to be stiffer than average, especially in the baseplate and highback. Contrabands or EX's are probably the best way to go. Seb Toots rides EX's and I would say they work out for him pretty well. They are substantially softer than the Revolts.
Delta's are a park binding for them and they are still reasonably stiff and responsive. Have not checked that new highback out but supposedly if offers much more lateral flex than last years.

#3 ·
damn, i hate salespeople who don't know what the hell they're talking about. i was kinda forced to pick up a new pair cus today was the last day for me to get 50% off, kinda wish i just paid retail for some unions now. ive still got my ex's from last year so i might just try and sell these revolts......idk. imma ride em tomorrow and see how they feel but i ride park like 90% of the time so something stiff isn't what i want at all

#4 ·
The Revolts are stiffer than the EX's, but they aren't "stiff" per se. They're fine for park, but, as usual with this type of thing, it is personal preference. They may work great for you... or you may hate them. Give 'em a shot and make a decision then.

#5 ·
I got a pair for x-mas and now I have Deltas. The Revolts have a tiny "base", lots of flex. The bolts that hold the base to the heelcup would not stay tight! I tried loctite, didn't work.........broke 6 of the plastic "shim" pieces on the outside of said bolts. The "wedgie" footbed design on the Revolts is retarted! The bolt to hold the "wedge" is at the back, under your heal. Constant "flexing" breaks the plastic so there is nothng to hold the "wedge". Even at 50% off, I would spend my money on something else!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.