Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New to Snowboarding and I need a board
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 09:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
shreddin purple

Question New to Snowboarding and I need a board

Hey I'm pretty new to snowboarding and my first board was a youth LTD Racer 138, but it's like waaay to small for me now so I need some help finding a good board. I've been snowboarding about 3 times for two weeks at a time an I freakin love it it's like the most fun thing I've ever done. I'm willing to shell out up to $300 for a nice board but I would rather get a board that's decent and $160-$260. I'm not big on rails, boxes, halfpipes, or whatever but I love getting air off jumps and doing those off track trails with the quick turns and stuff so could anyone recommend a light board that turns really well and has a lot of pop in it?
I'm a size 10 1/2, 145 pounds, and about 5'9. I'm not fat, actually I'm pretty healthy and athletic (IDK if it matters) cause I'm a runningback.
All my friends say to get a Burton or a Ride but I don't know Ride and I feel like Burton is too expensive and not worth it but I do like their Custom Flying V. The seniors are telling me to get a Lib Tech or Rome but I don't know Rome either and Lib Tech seems more freestyle. Any suggestions?
shreddin purple is offline   Reply With Quote