Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Steep and Cheap
Thread: Steep and Cheap
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #1007 (permalink)
jr05

Quote:
Originally Posted by kysnowboarder View Post
Yeah I have noticed the lack of snow gear...maybe it will pick back up in the spring. Since they have less sites it won't be as good as it was before. They still have a good amount of mtb and backpacking gear. If they kill off chainlove that to me will signal the end of sac.
You do realize SAC is what started all of these. There was no chainlove, or tramdock, or whiskeymilitia. It was only SAC. They then expanded it to break up the gear into single "sports" and they may not have done very well so they are getting rid of the weaker ones. If this happens to all of them, I hope it is not the end of SAC. I would expect it to just revert back to a one site sort of deal like it was originally.

Having said all that, I will agree that the quality of the items has been decreasing. And when there are good items it is only in size XXXXXL. I wonder if this is because of all the discount sites around now that are not one sale at a time, but still offer significant savings (evo-gear, dogfunk, etc).

Last edited by jr05; 02-01-2011 at 09:11 AM.
jr05 is offline   Reply With Quote