Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - NS Proto CT review
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
shutupandride

Default NS Proto CT review

I had a chance recently to ride the soon to be released Never Summer Proto CT. The Proto CT, for those of you learning of this board for the first time, is an all new design from NS. C T refers to the Carbonic topsheet and Twin design. It is a true twin with a new core design and lay up patterns similar to some existing NS patterns with some new ideas used. So it is, basically, a totally new design incorporating ideas from previous NS board patterns. The result:

The Proto CT rides similar to an SL with the exception that it has a bit more pop when ollieing and popping off rollers and booters and the feel riding switch is identical to riding normal.

It is super stable on high speed groomers, and it floats on pow. I was riding a 157 and it rode very slightly larger, kind of like a 160. Edge-to-edge is super quick, quicker than any other board I've ever ridden. It feels soft in torsional twist so I think that is why it is so fast to transition, but the nose and tail are super poppy without folding up when heavily loaded.

In the park it performed flawlessly. It lacks the rail lock of the Evo but only by a slight amount, it is not squrrely by any means! It is fantastic in the pipe, I feel my Evo is a little too soft to really pop out of the pipe the way I like to but the Proto was perfect for me.

I rode this board out west where I encountered all types of conditions; from knee deep powder at Vail to locked-up boilerplate at Mt. Bachlor. Super stable with the perfect amount of flex to butter and ollie all day long. For me it is a do all quiver killer! It really rode everything flawlessly. Next season it will be my choice for the whole mountain!
shutupandride is offline   Reply With Quote