Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Best beginner board?

Best beginner board?

8K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  nod_089 
#1 ·
Going with a poll. What is THE BEST beginner board?

#7 ·
Not sure there is an answer to this poll.
First, most are going to be brand loyal - the Burton hater will always pick something other than Burton.
It also depends on what your intended use is. The best beginner board for someone who wants to stay in the park might be different from someone riding all mountain in Colorado compared to someone riding in the east (different conditions).
Age and size would be a factor. My little girl is on a Burton Chicklet with Easy Rider Technology (convex base that lifts the edges off the snow making it harder to catch an edge). While it is the perfect board for her, it would suck for you (unless you are a 6 year old girl).
So I went with the McDonalds Tray.

#9 ·
K2 Raygun. Great board that you can learn on and grow into. Has K2's all-terrain rocker which is 70% 0 camber between the feet and 30% rocker in the tips. The nose has a medium rise while the tail has a mellow rise. This shape is great for a catch free ride while giving you tons of float in pow. The flex is dead middle so it's going to be good for all around riding.

K2 Raygun Snowboard 2011

I forgot to mention, the price for the quality is absolutely sick.

#12 ·
I'd definitely suggest something from Bataleon to start out on. I started riding switch this season and TBT has made it extremely easy. I can go down blues easily and control myself on blacks riding switch on my bataleon, but if I ride my lib tech I have a lot harder time riding switch even on blue runs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.