Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need help on board width!
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Feeg

Default Need help on board width!

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to snowboarding (been out about 5 times this year) and i'm looking to get my own setup. I bought a pair of burton rulers, size 11.5. Got them heat molded and they fit great, nice and snug but not cutting off circulation. My question is regarding board width as I've seen a ton of different info out there.

The guys I've talked to at the local shop say anything 11 and up needs a wide. However I've seen lots of posts on here that say otherwise. One post I read on here even said that someone with size 13 would be fine to ride anywhere from 25.5 to 26. I'm looking at picking up the carbon credit 156 Wide, but i'm worried that with it being a 26.7 width that i'll sacrifice overall control for turns.

Also, burton claims that the rulers have "shrinkage" technology but they still feel pretty big. I stepped on a wide board (26.2) with my boots on at our local shop and my toes still hung *slightly* over the edge. So what gives?

***As a side note, I think i'll be riding with bindings set at 15, -9 for now. I've got a pair of black rome 390's on the way if that makes any difference***
Feeg is offline   Reply With Quote