Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2010 K2 Slayblade: The Toyota Camry of snowboards..
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
SilverK20A3

Default 2010 K2 Slayblade: The Toyota Camry of snowboards..

Board: 2010 K2 Slayblade 158
Bindings: 2007 Burton P1
Boots: 2011 Burton Imperial

My stats: 5'10", 17x? lbs

Conditions: Sunny, high 30's?, guns going all day
Surface: Fresh man made soft and pasty, slow

Board is extremely fast and very stable at high speeds and over chop. No chatter whatsoever. Harshmallow really seems to work. Board has a death grip on the snow-possibly the best edge hold I have ever experienced. Has a decent amount of pop, won't launch you to the moon but has enough for boosting off tables and kickers and stuff. Flex is stiff. I have no clue how it handles on jibs, mainly cuz I don't do jibs.

Now for the not so good stuff: Zero camber, as I observed it, makes the board really stable for speed, turns, and landings, but makes the ride absolutely boring for cruising groomers. As it has no camber, it doesn't have the vibrancy of a camber board. For a lack of a better word, you feel really desensitized riding it. It's a strange sensation I'm not accustomed to.

Overall, I'm satisfied with it. It does almost everything ask it to do really really well. Only gripe is that the ride quality is a bit boring.
SilverK20A3 is offline   Reply With Quote