Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2010 K2 Slayblade: The Toyota Camry of snowboards..
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 03:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
SilverK20A3

Maybe I'm reading into it to much, maybe it's because the board hasn't broken in yet, I dunno.

I'll use a car analogy. It handles like an Evo, and rides like a Camry. Maybe it's all in my head but I've only ridden cambered boards until now, and they seemed more "lively" than this one when cruising. They had kind of a satisfying suspended "bounciness" to them. Objectively, the Slayblade is the best board I've ridden from a sheer performance standpoint. It handles like it's on rails and is extremely stable when charging, and it's got excellent edgehold. Point 'n' shoot. Everything one could want in a high end all-mountain board, right?

Maybe it's the zero camber, maybe it's just the flex pattern, but it feels kinda... dead. Like it's only designed to be ridden extremely aggresively and nothing less.

I'll get a better idea when I'm in SLC this weekend on decent snow for a change. I think the fresh man made snow might have had somethign to do with it. I mean who blows snow when it's nearly 40 degress outside?
SilverK20A3 is offline   Reply With Quote