Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2011 Rome 390's Ratchet Feedback
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Flat4Love

I just bought the 390 boss and i will say they are a COMFY binding no pressure points at all. I do feel that the toe strap could be MUCH better as it created a pressure point if it was over the toe and NOT as a cap strap. The paint quality is def. lacking as I had lots of chips and paint flaking after only 3 hrs. I personally would change your order if your coming off a pair of CFXs.... I myself am coming from a 01 C14 before that I had the CFX and before that the X. The response time on the 390 is sloppy compared to the C14 (FOR ME) I was not at all happy with it. I'm now looking at C60s or Co2's If you can rock a large binding i know the house has 2010 C60s for $40 more than the 390 boss.

As far as the ratchets go I didn't have ANY problem with them releasing and they were easy to get off. Getting on was a lil tough cause i had the straps MAXED in length and it just fit over my sz 9 boot ( i got S/M binding cause it was supposed to fit a 9.5) secondly on my Vans Cirro the baseplate was to narrow and I had to align my boot PERFECTLY or i would be using the binding frame as my canting. I would def say go with the L/XL on this binding if your a sz 9+

hope this helped.
Flat4Love is offline   Reply With Quote