Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2011 Rome 390's Ratchet Feedback
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
jliu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortedBuckle View Post
Hey everyone,

I am just getting back into riding after a few years off and am finally putting together some newer gear. I was still sporting some 2000 CFX's, a Burton Balance, and some Drivers. Anyhow, I have put my order in for some Rome 390s as I've heard so many great things about them, and I was suffering from some binding discomfort in the past. The question is....

Are there that many issues out there with the ratchets releasing randomly?

I could still change my order and get the latest cartels, but I'd like to give some other brands a try. Even going to grab a Never Summer SL to support a local Colorado company (not to mention it sounds like a sick ride).

Anyhow, just feedback on the ratchet issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Probably read my posting...heh. Yea mine release ridiculously easy. Rome is sending me new buckles...I have yet to receive them (a bit slow...but i guess its busy season). I'll keep the board posted if this solves the problem. My buddy has targas from 2008. I checked his rachets...same design...but the release leaver was "tighter" so small nudges wouldn't release the rachet. I rode his setup and purposesly didnt tuck my pant cuffs in...and had no issues. Hopefully its just my set. I think Leo had an issue with his boss's (I have targas). If you're buying your set from a store...play around with the rachets before you buy them to ensure they're not "loose".

Another issue is dumb forward lean lock...thing loosens so easily....mine actually broke off...waiting for Rome to respond. Dont want push you away from these bindings...cause a lot of ppl love them. I personally am not feelin the love right now...maybe when all these issues go away I'll like em.

Look into the Ride Deltas if this post scares you away.

Last edited by jliu; 02-02-2011 at 10:54 AM.
jliu is offline   Reply With Quote