Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2011 Rome 390's Ratchet Feedback
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
ptapia

I just got a set of boss's and I'm still not sure I'm sold completely, but I have a lot more riding to do with these and make a final decision. I have zero issues with the ratchets, unlike jliu, I tried to get something similar by trying a lot of different things, but nothing. Seems like jliu got some bad ratchets. As everyone says, the paint chips, this is just something we have to live with, not a big deal, but kinda shitty. As for me I'm a size 9 and I went with the L/XL. My boot is almost too small I think. I adjusted the heel hoop, and found the screw and its female nut, were cross threaded Not a big deal, still worked, I'll call Rome about this soon. Then it came to dialing in the straps. They're centered and they feel good for the most part. I've only gotten three days on these things, so maybe I just need a little more fine tuning or some break in. Either way the toe straps have to be about 3/4 over the top with a little toe cap. If its not this way it will just fall off. Then on my left foot I get a pain in my ankle by the end of the day from having the ankle strap tight. I did have some pressure points on my toes, but I got rid of those. Anyway, maybe I just need to keep fine tuning these. The performance of the binding is pretty solid for what I'm doing. Lots of response, flexy, and the cant system is very very cool. Pressing is so easy.

My thing right now is that last year I rode some cartels, loved them, bought myself a pair and I never really had any comfort issues with them. Even this year, I rode the cartels this past weekend and they still feel great. I went with rome because I had other issues with the cartels and I wanted to try something new. Everyone that had cartels seemed to like rome 390, boss, and targa. So I went with boss for the cant system.

To answer your question again, no ratchet issues. Anyway, hope my long winded experience helps.
ptapia is offline   Reply With Quote