Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2011 Cinch CTX First Impression
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
lisevolution
Veteran Member

So I just wanted to update this thread with some more insight and a question for other Cinch users about whether or not they ever have had the same issue I'm having...

So after putting some more time on these including 5 days in deep snow and some pretty gnarly terrain at Vail last month I'm definitely impressed with these bindings. The lack of the true toe ratchet has proven to pretty much be a non-issue because I haven't needed to touch it since I got it adjusted properly. That said I still think it's stupid that it doesn't have it. Every trip I've been on with the exception of 1 has been with skiers thus far this winter and the amount of time I've saved with these has been great. Overall the response longitudinally is solid. It's not at the same level as say a Targa or SPi etc. but I'd say it compares favorably to the response of my Union Datas. The lateral flex though definitely leaves something to be desired. It could be just because I'm a bigger guy that it feels like it's lacking but the system does seem to have a large amount of play side to side because of the way it's designed. Would I buy these again? Yes, they've met the goals I have set for them and outside of a couple of small things they've been what I was expecting.

The only thing I've been having an issue with at times is the cable popping out of the "channel" between the highback and the heel-cup. It's not the biggest deal as I can just open again and pop it back in but it's another one of those small annoying things with this binding. Has anyone else had this problem???
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote