Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bataleon 2012 Q & A
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
phile00
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi guys,

Back from SIA in Denver and just visited a long and winding thread here full of questions about 2012 Bataleon.

I spent a bunch of time with Bataleon guys and will be happy to answer any Q's abot the upcoming line.

As an up front, Bataleon had a breakthrough year in 2011 and is going to explode in 2012. TBT has come of age! On a graphics front, the boards look insane (way better even than the pictures I am seeing). A new pressing process allows the TBT to show through the topsheet. This is not a performance thing, but it does help riders to visualize the tech.

The Evil Twin SE and the Women's FeelBetter (yeaaahh!) look ill.

STOKED!!!!!
This is awesome. Bataleon is a really cool company and I think they make great boards. I've ridden two and have been pretty stoked on both. It was cool to see Halldor warming up on the 2012 ET. It's legit technology and it's neat to see that Bataleon is the only company doing it. I have two boards in my quiver now, Burton Custom cambered and Bataleon ET.

As far as questions- are they changing the TBT specs on any of their classic boards? Are they coming out with any new models? Any new tech?

EDIT: I scoped out some pictures and the TBT looks more drastic on a lot of boards this year. The 08/09 Goliath and the 10/11 ET seem to have the right amount of TBT in that they're not catchy and perform quite well. They had a good balance between carving performance and playfulness. I hope the more drastic TBT (if my eyes are correct) doesn't unbalance that too much.

Last edited by phile00; 02-03-2011 at 10:31 AM.
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote