Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bataleon 2012 Q & A
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wiredsport
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by phile00 View Post
This is awesome. Bataleon is a really cool company and I think they make great boards. I've ridden two and have been pretty stoked on both. It was cool to see Halldor warming up on the 2012 ET. It's legit technology and it's neat to see that Bataleon is the only company doing it. I have two boards in my quiver now, Burton Custom cambered and Bataleon ET.

As far as questions- are they changing the TBT specs on any of their classic boards? Are they coming out with any new models? Any new tech?
Yes.

The biggest change is to the TBT structure itself. For 2012 TBT extends further out to the tip and tail. Where it used to end at the contact points, it now runs smothly all the way to the tips. The nose and tail ramps have been updated on every model becoming moderately longer and smoother. Along with the TBT change, this dramatically smoothes the contours and reduces petential grab spots. These are further refinements to an already refined product. You will also see a reshaping of the tip and tail to more blunted outlines. This is great for reduced swing weight, stability in presses, power in ollies, etc. 4 different carbon layups are being used in different models in 2012.

You will also see additions of 4 new models: The Disaster Twin at $359.95, The FeelBetter Women's Twin at $349.95, Whatever All mountain Freestyle at $399.95, Enemy All mountain Freestyle at $799.95

We are stoked to see 3 new models under $400.00! As Bataleon grows it becomes more economical for them to bring this insane tech at lower price points.

So cool to see core products like this exploding.

Last edited by Wiredsport; 02-03-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote