Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Smith Phenom Lenses - Green Sol-X/Platinum/Ignitor
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
paras

Question Smith Phenom Lenses - Green Sol-X/Platinum/Ignitor

Hey Guys,

I have a pair of Smith Phenoms with the Sensor Mirror. During bluebird days, or flat-light days, I'm blinded and I can't even see little jumps. I turn into a mess on the mountain and usually end up waiting for the night to come before I head back out. Ridiculous? Yea.

So, I decided to start looking at different lenses and the ones I'm down to are:

Ignitor Mirror
Green Sol-X
Platinum Mirror
and on some sites, I find Blue Mirror (which I think might be - or is similar to Green Sol-X)

There is not that much info out there on lenses, let alone actual stores to visit to try them out. My main issues are, I want something with contrast (need to see little jumps and midget children in white jackets), can be used during the bright hours, and is based on an amber tint (from the other threads I've been reading here). Green Sol-X, would that be considered amber (maybe the light coming in is amber and it's reflecting the green/blue?)

Any input would be awesome, thanks!

See: http://smithoptics.ca/technology/#/S...+Options/view/ for Smith's description of these lenses.
paras is offline   Reply With Quote