Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Beginner girls board recomendation
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
fayewolf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Beginner girls board recomendation

Hi all,

i've only been out a few times, able to somewhat link turns, absolutely no carving whatsoever yet. I will probably never go to the park, just want to ride down blue runs (or black eventually). I will be riding in Lake Tahoe, i don't know what the snow condition is called, I've never ridden in powder I don't think, different parts of the mountain feels differently, sometimes it's soft and okay when i fall, some of them are like a freakn ice skating ring hard.

I am quite tiny. 5'4 and a half, 106 pounds, I wear size 7 boots.

I'm confused of whether to get a hybrid rocker or rocker. I am open to anything, obviously something that can let me use for a few season, and not to scare the crap out of me, I don't know how to board's shape can help me catch less edges, but if indeed that's the case, I would LOVE it since I kept catching my heel edge when I'm getting out of my toe side turn and bang my tailbone lots.

I've been renting the Burton Cruzer 145. I cannot tell you if I hate it or like it because thats the only board i've rented used ever.

I've read about the Never Summer Pandora, Gnu Bnice, recommend away, I'm really open.
Also, I know nothiing about bindings/boots, share your opinion here as well. I live in SF, so if you know any shop that has good people to work with, that would be great!

I'm not in a hurry to get these at all, can wait till end of season.

Thank you!!