Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

ZEAL photochromatics anyone have experience?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Csanto23 
#1 ·
i just bought them. work GREAT in sun but when it gets cloudy i feel like they are WAY too dark. anyone agree? how do you like yours? is the transition quick? i dont notice it.

#2 ·
I have them, they are very nice. I've had them for 2 seasons now and can say in over 20 years of boarding they are the best goggles I've ever had. I use them in bright light, low light, riding at night. No problems in any conditions. I also really like the polarization on these goggles!

Bought mine at REI and will be returning them after this season for a new pair. The trees have beat them up pretty good, but that's the reason to buy from REI. Best return policy ever!!!!!

MDC

#3 ·
Which goggle do you have? I have a pair of the SPPX, and they're awesome in any light. What I've found, though, is that it's best to just leave them on as much as possible, not pull them up over your forehead/helmet when you wait in the lift line, etc. My eyes seem to adjust to the shade of the lens, and if I take them off for five minutes, they seem really dark when I put them back on...but they're not. Eyes just need to adjust again, and they're perfect. I love them. Best pair of goggles ever. I treat them like they're worth a billion dollars, because they damn near cost that much!

#4 ·
I've had Detonator photos for 3 yrs now and I think they are above aveage. Thought they would do it all with the one lens. Blowin', flat light days, the yellow works signifigantly better. Rockin' Detonators with the yellow and ZB-13 lenses. I'd buy two different goggles for the price of the photos.

#6 ·
They do look pretty damned nice...but that's not the appeal. You really have to use them to appreciate them. Optical quality lenses, no distortion. I actually forget I have them on sometimes because they're so good at adjusting to the light conditions. And they're fog free, for real. Zeal claims their fog proof or something, and they really are.

Also, my SPPX's came with a coupon for $100 towards a pair of Zeal sunglasses. Don't know if that deal is still going on, but worth looking into. Overall I'd say yes, they're worth the extra money. But then you become all freaked out about losing them or scratching them, etc, because you paid so much. Priorities.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.