Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Rome 390 Boss issue

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  SiKBOY 
#1 ·
Wanted to know if anyone else has seen this issue.....I have the 390 bosses and have ridden them a few times, and during my current trip at Squaw I noticed that the upper seam on the ankle strap is coming undone and opening up. Don't know if it's because it's rubbing up against one of the plastic locking lace eyelets on my boots or if the seam wasn't sewn that good to begin with. I have Salomon Synapses which are great boots, but have the self locking lace eyelets that are right under that strap. Overall I love the bindings. I already sent off a warranty claim to Rome, so we will see what happens. I love the bindings, but do any of you think it would be benificial to add some shoe goo to that spot to reenforce that area??

#2 ·
I've had similar issues on multiple bindings. I believe it is due to things on my boots like plastic pieces.

If it doesn't alter the ride, I don't care. However, I do warranty them if possible so I'm not caught without a backup if the seam goes full on rippage.

#5 ·
Just wanted to chime in...

I continued to have strap issues and after playing around with my bindings, I discovered my issue was that the inner ladder on my rear toe doesn't lock in place because the small round humps that are supposed to lodge don't.

Well, they are sending me replacement ladders and ratchets. Big ups to Rome for their CS.

#8 ·
I have the same boot as you and the Rome 390's.
The ankle strap is starting to tear where its rubbing on my laces. The material that they are using on the ankle strap is not very durable in my opinion. Its really soft and thin. I don't know about their warranty cuz I am out in Japan for the season but I'll probably try and email them and see what they can do.

I have started to use my lower my boot gater from my pants over the lace part so that its not rubbing directly on the ankle strap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.