Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Hot Wax Questions
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 11:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mr. Right
BoardTard Xtrordinair

The nose and the tail aren't the most important unless you are going to be riding on them a lot (buttering, manual whatever you call it ). If you do a rub on it will be fine if you are worried about it. If the board feels sticky you may still have some scraping to do. If you scrape your board and no more wax comes off it is a good time to buff it. I use those green scrubby pads they make for cleaning dishes. Ive seen people go nose to tail, and I've also heard that a good cross hatch pattern is good as well kind of making a V shape going from the tail to the nose. If you have some excess wax on there it won't kill you. Just ride the board and most of it will be gone halfway through the day unless you have giant globs on there. Another thing that can cause stickiness after waxing is if the base is dirty. I usually clean the base of my board off real quick with pine-sol or windex before waxing, not sure if this is right but it works for me and get's all the dirt and seems to help get old wax out. I use a tshirt rag or similar when I clean it and I spend about ten minutes on it. They do make real base cleaner for this and I should probably use it but I'm a cheap bastard.

Last edited by Mr. Right; 02-19-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote