Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 08:42 AM   #27 (permalink)
kimchijajonshim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRZBoarder View Post
Do you have any idea where that board falls in the never summer line? You said the flex was about a 6 so is it stiffer than a Sl? or in between an evo and sl? I havent ridden any of their boards before, but was insterested in getting one.
I have one in my possession as well at the moment. Not quite ready to put up a full fledged review (need two weeks until I take it to Mt. Bohemia), but initial impression on the board is VERY positive. I personally think it's a hair little softer than a 6 (maybe more like a 5-5.5 on my personal scale, but I also have 10-15 lbs on Leo and that's honestly probably just semantics).

The pop is pretty fantastic for a reverse camber board. Great pop, but also easy to pop. You can easily slap it behind the back foot, but you can also load up like on a traditional cambered board because you have something to fight against in the tips.

I'm really enjoying the feel of the board. I love my 09 SL, but at times found it to be a little too damp for my tastes. I have been trend a bit more "lively" in my tastes, but not going overboard... this board really hits that sweet spot I think.

I still need to put the board through a few more conditions (chopped up Sierra cement-esque crap and pow), but this so far my impressions are very positive. I think I'd prefer the 160, but I'm having a lot of fun on the 157.
kimchijajonshim is offline   Reply With Quote