Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Why don't manufacturers....
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Bataleon is a great example of why not. The ET is a 5/3/5. The Airobic is a 4/2/4. And the Funkink is a 3.5/3.5/3.5. How do you give each one of these boards a single number? The FK is stiffer between the feet than the ET and Airobic, but its tips are softer than both.

Which board is stiffer?

You can't even do this with the tip/waist/tip method either. Burton's squeezebox make the board stiffer just outside the binding, but the whole tip doesn't really stiffen up. that mean you now have #/#/#/#/#. That is far too much info for them to start making a standardized test.

Also that is what shop guys are for. Will all the models feel the same between the shop kid and you? No. Will the differences be similar. Yes. A board that feels stiffer than another will do so no matter who you are...usually

Flex will also feel different based on shape, camber, base profile, sidecut, and no two models are the same shape. The SubPop is softer than my old cambered Stairmaster but it feels similar on edge. The shape of the board makes it ride different on edge than if you were just pressing it.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634

Last edited by Nivek; 02-06-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote