Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - I cannot get this timing right--linking turns
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 02:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
huskerdye

Default I cannot get this timing right--linking turns

So I went out for my fourth day today snowboarding.. I have both the turns down, but am having monster problems linking from my heel side edge turn to a toe side edge turn.. Every time I try linking them I almost always catch when my board is flat. Is it just something you get a feel for or what, I'm sure it's my timing, but I can't figure it out.. Any pointers? I ride regular and I can do both turns fine, I just can't link them.. What I've been doing is I'll go down down the slope all heel edge.. And when I start getting too far left I just go fake and stay heel edge, taking the board right. I'm tired of doing this!! I want to link those turns, but not eat it everytime.. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I had seriously a stupid instructor my first day, he told me to ride down the mountain completely flat footed and straight. I knew this was wrong and after two huge faceplants I told him I was done with he lesson and I'd get it on my own.
huskerdye is offline   Reply With Quote