Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Toe/ and Heel Overhang Question
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 04:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Asia_Rider

Default Toe/ and Heel Overhang Question

Hello,

I have been reading a lot of the articles on this website and I have yet to be convinced either way. Here are my stats and my board, please let me know what you think.

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 176 lbs
Boots: 10.5 (actually size 11.5 using burton's "shrinkage technology" size 10.5 footprint.

Board: Never Summer Heritage
Length: 155
Width: 252
Bindings: Flow size Large

I have my setup at +15 -12 and I have centered and measured my overhang at roughly 1 inch front and back. Now it's hard to measure the actual overhang of the boots because they curve upwards at roughly 3/4 of an inch, and if I measure at the actual tip of of the toe and heel it's a little bit more than an inch and obviously the rear foot is a little more overhang than the front due to the less angle degrees.

Is this going to be a problem or should I get the 156W version of this board which has a 260 width or possibly even a larger size?

I am an intermediate rider who loves going fast on groomers and doing sharp, some what deep carves. I am getting curious about hitting jumps and cruising the park to learn something different. The powder situation is almost never a possibility.

Please let me know what you think about my situation. I really appreciate your responses.
Asia_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote