Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Toe to heel, I just dont 'get it'
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 03:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sincraft

Default Toe to heel, I just dont 'get it'

I'm still having problems going from toe to heel on turns. I have been riding mostly blues with a couple blacks and have to make wide turns to navigate the slope. This puts me at a pretty angled fall line down the slope. I can transition to toe edge very well, I even carve the toe at times without skid, but when I go flat and try to go back to heel, I literally hop the back of my board to get it over for my heelside turn. Im retaining balance well, but as soon as I try different methods discussed on this board, I feel 'locked' onto the edge and panic, either hoping out of the issue or going straight for a bit to regain balance (towards trees!) then hop into the turn.

I noticed that when I centered my weight a bit more toward center and off the back foot, and do a total weight shift, it feels like a more 'correct' type of riding style, but something that is learned later possibly as I just started doing this on my last time out on Friday. I'm going to be going Thursday night, hoping to get some ideas to try out. I seemed to have tried everything that I've read on this site, not sure what the issue is.

Even when going on cat trails, for the toe edge I can just lean to my toe and kickout my back foot to slow or turn, while on heel I have to make a more 'dedicated' turn to turn on the toe.

Riding straight still also confuses me, I'm usually riding an edge and always going in some direction even slightly.
Sincraft is offline   Reply With Quote