Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - I cannot get this timing right--linking turns
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 05:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
huskerdye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Close....you make every change with the front foot...go from an edge, to flat by relaxing the front foot, then relaxing the back foot. Go from flat to the new edge by pressuring the new edge with the front foot, then following through with the back foot.
One more time, just to clarify..

So let's say I'm going down the mountain on my heel edge.. I'm coming to the point where I want to switch directions and go on my toe edge.. To do this I'm going to relax my lead foot and make it flat based and then gradually do the same thing on my back foot. When do I start going toe edge on my front foot? Will it be as soon as I have begun to relax the back foot? Meaning I will only be flat based for a very short time? And then, to get on my toe edge I'm going to get on my front foot toes and then slowly do the same thing on the back foot? Is that correct? And then I do the same thing to get back on the heel edge.. Put my lead foot flat and then gradually do the same thing to my back, and then get on my heel side edge with the front foot, while the back foot is flat, and then gradually go heel edge with my back foot.

So the torsional flex (having one foot relaxed and the other on an edge correct?) is going to help guide me through the turn?

To get this straight am I also going to relax my front foot before going into a new turn and again how do I know when to place my front foot on the new edge?

So I'm basically alternating each time with my front leg as to when it will be flat and when it will be on one of the edges, while the back foot will be the opposite.. in relationship to the turns. Sorry if I'm making this confusing...

I really do appreciate this guys, just want to get this straight for Steamboat!!
huskerdye is offline   Reply With Quote