Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board size question (does it make a diff rocker vs camber?)
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
fayewolf

Default Board size question (does it make a diff rocker vs camber?)

I've kind of decided on my board: GNU B-Street (thanks for everyone's help and suggestions here esp lilfoot)!!

I hope I'm not beating this question to death, but i'm really indecisive of the size of the board.
I'm about 105, sometimes 108lbs, without wearing those heavy boots. And I'm 5'4 1/2. I'm a bit on the tinier side for my height.

I will only cruise down the mountain, never go into the park. Maybe when I'm alot better and feel like I can actually control the board, I'll try half pipe, but let's pretend that i have absolute no interest in going into the park given my age.

GNU B street comes in 141 and 145. The sales person said either one will work. What would be the advantages of getting the shorter vs the longer? He said something about it being a rocker, longer would be better (don't understand why)
He said the shorter board might not be as stable when I go fast, but I really don't go that fast, and right now, I'm not sure how long it's going to take me before I feel comfortable enough to actually go fast!! And how fast are we talking about??

Decisions, decisions, please help me reason out whether I should get 141 or 145?
fayewolf is offline   Reply With Quote