Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - I cannot get this timing right--linking turns
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
gjsnowboarder
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdye View Post
Thanks so much guys!!

So then, let's say I'm on my heel edge, transversing across the mountain, I can initiate that next turn when I'm almost perpendicular to the fall line then? And to do so, I relax my front foot, is the reason I'm bringing my back foot around last is so that the board will kind of skid from the back? I guess that's just how I'm picturing it.. Or is there a better way to think about it?
That is pretty close. Relaxing the front foot will flatten out the board. You then want to rotated your front leg and hips which will steer the board toward the fall line. Once your board is into the fall line your start to pressure your toeside edge and start tilting the board on edge progressively throught the turn. You finish up the turn by your back foot rotate along and pressuring the edge more . As you get better and can keep your CM moving through the turn you start the edging of the board earlier and earlier.

Last edited by gjsnowboarder; 02-08-2011 at 02:35 PM.
gjsnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote