Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 9 yr old's second board
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Grasschopper

Default 9 yr old's second board

ok so I think I made a shopping mistake. My son is 9 and this is his second season snowboarding. He has made big strides this year and says (I didn't see it) he tried a black diamond on Monday night (on a dare from his friends)...my guess is he just side slipped it but I have seen him linking turns on blues and landing small jumps. So anyway he is currently riding a Burton Chopper 130 and I think while it was a perfect first board that he has outgrown it. So he is currently 4'10" and 100 lbs...in purchasing him a new board I think I went too far getting him a Capita Stairmaster 144 and he couldn't ride it. Now I am going to bevel the edges but I think it still will be too much so I'm thinking of getting something in the 137-140 range as a tweener board for the rest of this season and to start next season. I'm thinking K2 Vandal 137...does this make sense? The K2 price is reasonable at $200 and I got the Capita for $200 new so no big loss letting it sit for a year.

So how big a jump in board size is too much?
Grasschopper is offline   Reply With Quote