Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - suggestions for girl setup
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sincraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1aSTIg1 View Post
hey guys, just started about 2 months and now my girlfriend wants to get started, would anybody be able to suggest a good but fair price setup. boots/board/bindings

or maybe somebody here is willing to sell thiers for a fair price

It's a pretty steep investment to 'try'. Most people, I mean MOST people don't keep at snowboarding from what I've seen. The guy that dragged my out last year, raved about snowboarding and was pumped to go ALOT late last year. We didn't get many days in because it was the end of the season but I was seriously hooked at that point. This year, I go as much as I possibly can, usually ALONE. This year, he hasn't gone ONCE. I'm pretty sure he will just let the board rot in his basement. All that money wasted! For the amount he has gone for the price of the equipment, he would have saved a TON of money just renting the first year.

Best to have her rent during the peak season, see if she likes it, make sure she gets a proper length board and proper stance setup for newbs, and then in the off season pickup a previous year clearance board, some cheap bindings and some good quality, good fitting boots (she may have to try on many pairs until she is sure).
Or, if she has the cash and HATES waiting for rentals, then at least have her go a few times on rentals and in the meantime, start the shopping research.

I picked up my rossi board for 140 shipped, including bindings for $40. 2009's, free shipping , new, and purchased in July online from Evo. The bindings were Morrow, cheap but got better ratings than 150-200 bindings, so I went for it.

Not sure how deals will pan out in the future. Seems like the minimal board prices are up another 100 suddenly, while better boards are even more money!

Evo has a rossi on sale there now, not sure what size she would need. IMO dont worry about getting a board that says 'beginner' read the specs on it and decide if it is right for her too Rossignol Justice Rocker Snowboard - Women's 2010 | evo outlet
Sincraft is offline   Reply With Quote