Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Vapor Boards...grrr....
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 09:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
threejane

Default Burton Vapor Boards...grrr....

Howdy, I ride a Burton Vapor 150cm, and it's got a whole lotta hours on it (spend usually 50-60 days on the mountain). So I start looking at buying a new one, and the smallest Vapor NOW is 155cm. How much difference would that cause in my riding? I'm female, 5'7, 130 pounds, size 8.5 (men's) boot. Burton says to send them an email about the sizing, but they also admitted that they're "done up until 2012", meaning if they DID deign to make a smaller board, I'd have to wait several years for it.

5cm difference will matter much, given my height and weight?

Side note: Hubby rides a Vapor also (157cm) and he's got two cracks in the back rail by his feet. He's never landed on a knuckle or tacoed his board, so he has no clue how they got there. The fiberglass is starting to delaminate and Burton was absolutely no help in figuring out to have it repaired. Naturally, their solution was "buy another board". But dang, it's only got about 90 days on it and the rail's cracking? Not cool for an expensive board like that. Any ideas on how to fix it?
threejane is offline   Reply With Quote