Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Vapor Boards...grrr....
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 11:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
threejane

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWNOW View Post
If you only have 60 days max on your board you ought to be able to, at minimum, get another 60. Confused as to the exact reason you want to buy another of the same board which you suggest has no soul though? 5cm will make a difference.

If top sheet is delaminating a shop can help you out. If your effective edge is actually fractured then your are basically fucked, I have seen people attempt to repair that sort of thing, but it usually ends up blowing out shortly after. Depends on how hard you ride the board too.

Sorry, that was actually two posts, and the "no soul" comment wasn't mine. I LOVE my board, even if it's a bitch to ride.

MY board is okay, hubby's is the one with the actual metal edge cracks. We both have about 90 days (so far) on these boards. Where the edge cracks are on his board, the BOTTOM sheet is starting to bubble and delaminate. No one up here has any experience with the Vapor-style boards and so they're nervous to fix it. The nice part is I can find newer year 157cm Vapors all day long...it's just if MINE ever blows out, I'm out of luck, as no one seems to sell them.

I kinda figured 5cm would make a difference; hubby wants me to try out his 157 Custom X but I was thinking dayum, that's about...what? Three inches? *shrugs* Oh well.
threejane is offline   Reply With Quote