Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Please list your snowboarding stats

52K views 235 replies 147 participants last post by  Aliaz 
#1 ·
I'd like to know how people ride on their board. Everyone is different and people go with what feels right for them, but I am curious to see just how different everyone is. So if you reply, please list the following, I'll start as an example.

style: I'm a beginner (~1.5 years), so my style is to go down easy runs and try not to fall down
height: 5'10"
weight: 185 lbs
boot size: US 12
board length: 157 Custom wide
Stance width: 20 in
stance angle: +15/-3

I'm going to try a slightly wider stance, as this is the inner most setting for the board. I went with that because it was the stance width I used on the smaller board (153) I started out with. A wider stance on the 153, felt really wrong and gave me no control, turning was pretty much impossible. I immediately switched it to a narrower stance and everything felt normal again. I was amazed at how large a difference a single inch in stance width made. I think because of this I am very wary of a wider stance and went with the narrowest on the larger board. I got a longer board because I am pretty sure I was just too heavy/tall for the smaller one. The new board feels good, but now I'm thinking maybe I should give the recommended stance width a try on the larger board. I mean it is larger, so if my stance is too narrow, perhaps I can't get the torsional flex I need. Anyway I'm rambling, so please list these stats at a minimum, and maybe if you want to add any info or history on why you like to ride this way, that would be good.

The idea is that there is a lot of people on the site and it would be great to collect some data and perhaps help give new people a jumping off point, by going with someone who is a similar height, weight, style.

See less See more
#194 ·
Experience: 3 seasons
Style: about 50/50 with park/blacks, blues, anything and ive only had a few experiences with pow and tree runs/glades so im no good at them but i love em' :thumbsup:
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 120lbs
Boot: 11
Stance: +18 -13, 24.5" apart
Board: Technine MFM Pro
Binding: Raiden strike
Board Length: 153
Riding conditions: crappy ontario weather

#195 ·
Style- All mountain carver
Experience- 23 seasons of mostly South east with a dash of Montana and AK
Height- 5'8"
Weight 165
Boot- 9 Van's
Stance- Depends on what I'm riding. Free ride- 20" +15+9
Free style- 20" 15-3
Carving- 17" 54+54
Current board's- 157 Travis Rice, Arbor Element 161
Current binding's- Flow nxt, Flow M9

#196 ·
Experience: 8 years
Style: All-mountain freestyle/bombing and carving/a little park now and then
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 200-210
Board: Burton Custom X (162W) | Burton Custom Flying V (158W)
Bindings: Burton Cartel EST
Boots: Burton Ion (US 13)
Stance width: 23"
Stance angles: +15/-9 to -15 depending on style above

#197 ·
Experience: 7-8 years
Style: probably 80% park 20% all mountain
Height: 5'7
Weight: 130
Board: my park board is an academy team 148 and all mountain board is an option chris dufficy 152
Bindings: old burton syncros from 2005, gets the job done but i will be upgrading real soon to union forces
Boots: 8.5, 32 lased
Stance width: 20"
Stance angles: +12/-12

#198 ·
Location: Long Island, NY (snowboard mostly in VT with some local trips to NY mountains and Mass mountains)
Experience: 15 years
Style: free riding/all mountain 99% of the time
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 265lbs
Boot: 13
Stance: +18 -13, 23.5" apart
Board: NeverSummer Legacy 166 and Rome Flag 168
Binding: K2 Cinch CTX on the Legacy and Union Data's on the Flag
Riding conditions: Mostly man-made crap with some real snow every now and again.

#199 ·
I'd like to know how people ride on their board. Everyone is different and people go with what feels right for them, but I am curious to see just how different everyone is. So if you reply, please list the following, I'll start as an example.

style: I'm a beginner (~1.5 years), so my style is to go down easy runs and try not to fall down
weight: 185 lbs
board length: 157 Custom wide
Stance width: 20 in
stance angle: +15/-3

The idea is that there is a lot of people on the site and it would be great to collect some data and perhaps help give new people a jumping off point, by going with someone who is a similar height, weight, style.
Wow, it's been two years since I posted this and my stats have changed quite a bit.

style: Intermediate (3 years), riding greens, blues and blacks, just learned to spin 180s and 360s while riding and can ride switch as long as it's slow.
weight: 195 lbs (doh, 10 pounds heavier)
board length: 162 Custom Wide ICS
Stance width: 22 in
stance angle: +15/-15
Bindings: Cartel EST size L

#200 ·
Experience: this would be my 4th season with my own gear, went once a year with rentals 2 years before that but I don't really count that as when I started... errrm intermediate? I can hit 25/35 footer jumps, mostly straight airs with grabs. Can butter a bit, and just learned how to do 360's off smaller park jumps and FS boardslides consistently this year.

Style: Started off all mountain freestyle but because I ride mostly ontario, canada and the biggest "mountain" we have has a whopping 700ft vertical drop, i'm more of a park freestyle rider now
Height:5'8.5"
Weight: 165ish... my weight fluctuates a lot
Favorite Rider: Right now... Nic Sauve.. but I think Travis Parker is my favourite rider of all time
Board: 07 Rome Agent 155
Binding: 11 Union Contacts CYMK colours (current bindings), 08 Rome 390's (old bindings, broke highback dodging my friend =[....)
Boots: 2011 Nike Zoom Kaiju (current boots), 07 Thirtytwo Prospects (old boots)
Riding Conditions: mostly ice, groomers... crappy ice coast conditions, don't have time to venture out a lot ;(
Angles: 15, -12 (goofy)
Width: 24.5" i think...

#202 · (Edited)
style: undecided, but intermediate/expert (just not in the park)
height: 5'11"
weight: 170 lbs
board: '11 GNU Carbon Credit 156
boots/binds: flow size US10, Flow Flight II
Stance width: never ever measured? lol I use the 2nd innermost mount holes on both bindings
stance angle: +15/-15, tryin to learn switch better

My 3rd year riding, but finally on a good board, fitting boots, etc. Working my way up to the park, else I can do anything and everything else.

#203 ·
style: beginner, 1st season riding. I stick to the greens & blues (have done 2 blacks but I'll stay away since I learned abolutely nothing slipe sliding down the run)
weight: 180 lbs
boot size: US 9.5
board length: 158 (2009 Burton Blunt)
Stance: regular - centered
angle: +15/-9
Bindings: Burton Custom

#204 ·
style: advanced(all-mountain), beginner(park)
height: 6'1"
weight: 205
board size: 159 Wide (Nitro Addict)
stance: 24.25", 3/4"(?) back
angles: +15/-15
conditions: ice, hard-pack, groomed, hardly any powder...

Back in the sport (at my son's demand) after 12 year hiatus. Snowboarded all my teens... Getting addicted again!

#205 ·
style: expert (all mountain), Beginner/Intermediate (park)
height: 5'9"
weight: 160 pounds
boot size: US 8.5
board type/length: 152 '10 K2 WWW with medium burton freestyle bindings
Stance width: changes but I'd guesstimate 26"?
stance angle: duck stance so -12/12

#206 · (Edited)
Style: Intermediate (maybe), all mountain, tree whore...if it's double black, loaded with powder, and mined with trees, I'm in it. No park because I'm old and the board doesn't allow jibbing. I have no compunctions about sideslipping down a steep-ass run if it looks hairball and I have no compunctions about scraping the tops off moguls to piss off skiers because they're tools where I ride.
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 135
Boot size: 8.5 (men's), Burton SL10
Bindings: Burton C60s
Board type/length: 150cm Burton Vapor
Stance width: Not sure
Stance angle: Duck -10/+10, ride switchfoot
conditions: Anything but ice. Hate ice with a passion, even though the edges will hold it. Don't like the unpredictable skips, hurt my back a month ago doing a scorpion crash landing.

#207 ·
Style: I don't know intermediate to advanced maybe? I ride park, learning 3s and nollie frontflips, but I'm scared shitless of jibs, spend the rest of my time on diamonds.
Height:184 cms, 6,0
Weight:64kgs, 143 pounds
Location:North Island, North Island, New Zealand (think east coast)
Boot size: 10.5 or 10
Bindings: '10 Rome 390s L
Board: '10 Omatic Extr Eco 151
Stance width: 23.5
Angles: +18 front, -18 back
Conditions: Who cares, I can have fun as long as the lifts are working

#208 · (Edited)
Style: 7 years total...first 3 years I went up a total of 5 times. last 4 years I go up about 10-15 times a year. expert all-mountain / intermediate park / beginner jumps
Height: 5'11
Weight: 165lbs
Boot size: 11
Bindings: L Flux titan / L Burton Cartel
Board: 11' Gnu Park Pickle 156cm / 03' Palmer Honeypro (i still love this board to this day!!)
Stance width: 22
Angles: +15 front, -15 back
Conditions: any kind of conditions are fine with me. just as long as it isn't windy.

#209 ·
Weight:143
Height:6'1
Foot Size:10 (US Mens)
Board Size: 150/157
Bindings Size: Lrg
---
Boards: Rome Artifact Rocker 10-11, Burton Bullet 08-09
Bindings: Flux RK30's 10-11 , Burton Freestyle 08-09
Binding Angles: 15+/-15
---
Style: Intermediate Park, Expert Mountain Runs, Expert Jumps
Times A Year: 10-20

#210 ·
Style: Slackcountry... pretty typical really of your standard not very good resort rider who doesnt hit the park but got bored of riding groomers. Basically a pow-whore.
Experience: 4 years
Weight: 165
Height: 5`9"
Boot: 9.0 US
Stance: +15, -15 wide-centered on the airobic to +21, -6 full setback on charlie slasher. Quiver killer varies depending on conditions whether i use the setback or not, but usually +15, -9 (think of the knees!)
Board Lengths: 157 quiver killer, 156 sierrascope, 155 bataleon airobic, 164 Charlie slasher
Riding Conditions: Japan... which means pow, but not exclusively. :) Also korea which means ice.

Styles: I break out the charlie on the pow days, the quiver killer on normal days, the bataleon on trying to progress tricks, and the sierrascope when i just want to cruise or butter but the quiver killer just seems a bit headachy and aggressive. :) Its a nice quiver in truth :)

Other info: Avi course certified. Have my BC gear and splitting my charlie, so obviously progressing towards backcountry over the next few years.

#215 · (Edited)
Style: Freeride, Small Features Park
Experience: 6 mo.
Weight: 225
Height: 6`5"
Boot: 13.0 US
Stance: Regular +15/-6
Board Lengths: 161-164
Riding Conditions: Hardpack/Groomed, East Coast Ice, Tahoe Powder

Boards:
2011 Never Summer Revolver w/ 2011 Cyan Union Forces
2011 Arbor Roundhouse w/ 2011 Ride SPIs

#218 ·
Style: Freeride
Experience: 6 years
Weight: 210
Height: 5'10"
Boot: 9.5 US (Ride Crew Focus Boa)
Board Lengths: 158-169
Riding Conditions: Hardpack/Groomed, East Coast Ice, Yearly trip West
Boards:
2003 Ride Timeless 161 w/ 2004 Rome Arsenals (+15/-3)
2006 Never Summer SL 158 w/ 2007 Rome Targas (+15/0)
2008 Ride Yukon 164 w/ 2009 Ride SPIs (+30/0)
2010 Never Summer Raptor 169 w/ Flux SF45s (not mounted yet)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.