Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help with 360's
Thread: Help with 360's
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Donutz
Drunk with power...er beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
Thats one of the worst FS 180s I've ever seen and that is why you can't do a 360. You are basicly forcing the spin by turning your upperbody before the jump then relying on that to swing your legs around. Using that technique 180 is the most you could ever spin. Even if you went off a 100ft jump.

We start by fixing your FS 180. Right now you are jumping with your left hand past your heel edge and your right hand past your toe edge. That is the exact opposite of what you want to be doing for a frontside spin. You want to wind up before the jump and unwind as you jump. For a 180 this doesn't require much prewind.

Thats all I'm saying as this says everything else much better. YouTube - How to 360, 540 and 720 Frontside or Backside (regular riders) from Snowboard Addiction.
Mmm, I don't want to get into a war here, but what he's doing is a counter-rotated 180. It's on the Snowboard Addiction vids for doing 180's. You're right in that he'll never get to a 360 using counter-rotation -- it's only good for 180's and shifties. But for a 180, it's not "wrong", and it's actually easier to avoid over-rotating, which is a problem with real rotated 180's.

In retrospect, "Let's get the goat drunk"
should have been my cue to leave the party.
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote