Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help with 360's
Thread: Help with 360's
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 12:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
Nefarious
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I'm no pro. But I noticed a few things so I'll point them out.

First of all, your weight is shifted too far backwards. Instead of getting air off the lip, you're engaging too early and forcing up instead of out.

Second, You're shifting just your legs instead of your whole body. Watch it again and just watch the lower body. It swings around, and then your shoulders and upper body are trying to catch up. Start with your upper body and follow through with your legs. You'll get a more natural rotation and it'll be more controllable. If you're trying a 3, wind up your upper body harder and follow through with more pump in your legs.

Like I said, no experience to back it up. Just what I'm seeing from it.

Correct the weight issue first and the spin will come much more naturally. By throwing the nose of your board up, you're having to fight your velocity to engage the spin.

Keep it up, man. Only way to learn is practice. And don't mind john doe. That's a way too aggressive response to someone asking for help. I'm sure, at some point, he needed help too.