Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Your Snowboard Vehicle.

383K views 2K replies 556 participants last post by  speedjason 
G
#1 ·
New to the forums. Currently have a BMW 330xi as my vehicle to get to the mountain. See where that's a problem? More than a couple inches on the road and I am screwed..

Looking for input on what vehicles you all drive to the mountain. I have about 12k to put into this. Maybe more.

Thanks for input--

-Alex

#1,372 ·
Haha, at first I thought you meant what you got pulled behind! It's crazy fun! Anyway, I was rocking an old AWD Caravan (lol), this year's probably going to be a PT Cruiser; it's actually not that bad for as far as space goes.. just uhh... get good tires.. A Subie might be a good call, but I've had space issues in the past; maybe it was just the way I was loading it. Honestly, the 91 AWD Caravan has been one of the better things I've driven! It's super comfy, tons of space, and it has pretty decent clearance. JUST MAKE SURE TO BRAKE EARLY lol.

#1,375 ·
Dunno man, I just know that it felt awesome going through new powder in it. It was awesome to glide around and get sideways; not something you usually associate with a van. Man.. I'm kind of sad we haven't fixed it yet.

Hmm, I see fairly new AWD dodge vans running around every once in a while; nothing super new, but I know they're newer than 91 lol.

No doubt, but some vehicles can *get away* with lower end snow tires.

#1,381 ·
2002 Subaru WRX wagon, stage 2 with a 5 speed. Michelin pilots for the winter, I think it's gonna be their last season so I'm gonna try and get some Blizzaks for next year. Had the car for quite a while and love it. Right now, I have no rack and can fit 3 people + gear and still be roomy, but I'm wanting to get a rack just to keep wet snowboards out at the end of the day.

#1,384 ·
I bet he gets more than that. :giggle:

My 2006 Z71 with the hunka steel on the front managed 18 on my last CO trip. But I drove conservatively and didn't have much snow to deal with. Probably could have done better but I let it warm up 15 mins each morning.

I'd expect a newer truck to do better than mine. A lot depends on how it's driven I guess.

#1,399 ·
Currently my vehicle of choice is a 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD. Only vehicle reliable enough and with enough room to haul all our gear and the people.

If it's just me, I'd probably take my 2005 Toyota Corolla but I don't like going alone.

#1,558 · (Edited)
Well last season it worked out that my truck only made two trips before the transfer case exploded and I ended up using my car. Good thing I have two vehicles I guess.

Both did an excellent job of hauling people and their stuff.

#1,401 · (Edited)
Proper tires are so huge..AWD will not save you, trust me, I've lost a car in the ditch in a snap and I consider myself a pretty capable driver.

Anyway, here's my bug I mentioned before:

For the interested Subaru guys:

Cobb stage 2 (custom map)
Invidia V2 catless bellmouth downpipe
Invidia catless uppipe
Tanabe Medallion G catback
TGV delete
Mishimoto racing rad, fuku hoses
Perrin short ram intake
Grimmspeed EBCS
Tanabe Sustec Pro coilovers
Kartboy F+R endlinks
STi front strut tower bar
Whiteline sway bars
Cobb short shifter and shift bushings
Stock 16s with Michelin Pilots
summer - 17x9+45 Advan RCII / Potenza RE-11 235/40/17

With more parts coming soon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.