Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Brief Review: 2012 Union Force
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 06:34 AM   #16 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I actually had 2008 Burton TWC in 10.

Here's the deal guys. Both the Contact and Forces got me down the hill. I really do hate the toe straps and that part isn't an exaggeration. They also were honestly the worst two bindings I tested at the test fest.

Now, are they OMG PIECES OF STEAMING ELEPHANT POO? No, they aren't. I've seen worse... *cough* Lamar *cough*.

The thing is, with as much hype as these bindings have, I expected a great deal more. Any company that specifically makes bindings should be better than a company that is very ski focused. The fact that I liked Rossignol and Salomon's bindings more than Unions says a great deal.

Were the Rossi and Salomons really good bindings? Not at all. They were just better than Unions. I won't write Union off altogether though. When they decide to get the toe strap and ratchets right, I will give them another shot. Until then, I'm avoiding them like the plague and will not recommend them.

I just have to wonder how many hardcore Union lovers actually tried a decent amount of other good bindings?