Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New and Loving Snow Boarding in central PA
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
rgrwilco
Veteran Member

Blue can be fun since they have interesting trails and a good lift system, but their lack of any sort of knowledge of snowmaking/grooming kind of anger me. I also find their park to be inferior.

Jack frost is fun, especially if there is new snow. It is smaller than blue for sure, but they have an open boundaries policy with lots of off trail glades and woods. my buddies and i ususally go way past east mountain at frost and find tree runs with cliffs that rival stuff in vermont, although much shorter.

The parks at jack frost, even though smaller than blue, are much better design wise. However, drive 5 minutes to big boulder and you have the best park in the state.

Camelback has more variety and also a better park. snow conditions and grooming are much better.

Bear creek is super tiny, but once again, their snowmaking and grooming blows blue out of the water. Parks are bigger and contain much more, well set up features.

Elk is by far the best, super long, well designed and interesting trails. Some of the best snow conditions i have ridden anywhere.

Shawnee is also a cool place to check out once or twice. Nothing too challenging, has a different feel to it, hard to explain, but i like it.
rgrwilco is offline   Reply With Quote