Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - women's board help? Pandora vs. B-Nice vs. Ollie Pop vs. Gypsy?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 08:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
lilfoot1598
Veteran Member

I would say a 148 is a little too long for you. I weigh about 10 pounds less and have ridden boards between 140cm and 145 cm in length. For you, I would say something between 143cm and 145 is ideal.

I also ride the Pandora and love it. Of all the soft "park" boards on the market, it is probably the dampest, so it has a lot of stability. The edges are great on hard pack and ice. If you want a more all-mountain board, the NS Infinity 145 would be another excellent option for you, especially since you are accustomed to a stiffer board.

The Ollie Pop is pretty similar to the Pandora, but I think it is a little stiffer. Here is an excellent review that will tell you everything you need to know: Snowboard Review: 10-11 Roxy Ollie Pop C2 BTX – Shayboarder.com

Since the Ollie Pop has C2BTX, I would recommend it over the B-Nice or the Gypsy, since the alternative camber on the Ollie Pop will provide more stability that the rockers on the other two boards.

Also consider the Roxy Eminence, which is a step up from the Ollie Pop: Snowboard Review: 10-11 Roxy Eminence C2 BTX – Shayboarder.com

One more thing: what size boots do you wear? That may affect your board choice as well.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote