Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Linked my turns!!! with one problem :)
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 12:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
huskerdye

Default Linked my turns!!! with one problem :)

Alright so yesterday, after about four hours of frustration, the whole linking of turns just clicked!!

I mean I was still transversing a decent amount, but definitely was able to link them and didn't catch an edge. I still had one problem that would happen every once and a while and looking back on the run I might even know what the problem was, but wanted to get another persons opinion on how to fix it..

So I'm going heelside in a transverse and I flatten out my lead foot, the board starts moving down the fall line, flatten out my back foot and look to my next turn.. I start getting on my toe side and do the same process, but I end up basically just coming to a stop sometimes, rather than going in a toe side transverse. When I went toeside I essentially looked up the entire mountain.. Would this cause me to come to a stop, should I just be looking where I want to turn, not up the slope? Also when do I turn my shoulder? I didn't have this problem with every turn, but it happened on and off and was frustrating because I was doing really good!

Also sometimes when I was in my heel side transverse (keep in my mind I was really spacing out the turns with the transverse) I would end up going fakie and would have to get out of this, was I just not starting the next turn quick enough?
huskerdye is offline   Reply With Quote