Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Brief Review: 2012 Union Force
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 09:55 AM   #29 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat4Wagon View Post
I have no complaints about my 2011 forces. They feel good, I didn't have any problems with the straps or buckles after breaking them in, they look great and my feet have never been more comfortable. My toe strap used to slip out a bit until I figured out how to use it properly.

found these on easy lougin to illustrate what I mean:

If anyone is considering these bindings I wouldn't let this review scare you away. You can't go wrong with forces.
Excuse me sir, but how many bindings have you tried? How many 2012 Unions have you tried?

My word is not gospel by any means. I am just rather disappointed by all the hype only to have the experience I had. I'm not knocking Union as a company as they are cool as a bees ass during the winter.

I don't even hate the overall binding. Just the toe strap and ratchets. Much, much better designs out there. Plus they don't have canted footbeds which is one of the reasons why I'm considering getting rid of my Flows.

Also, I tried both positions on the redesigned toe straps and it didn't work. Maybe just my buddy's and my boot. Who knows, maybe there's even some type of adjustment we missed seeing as how they are demos.

I stand my ground when I say I much rather own other pairs of bindings. As of now, even if you gave me a free pair of Unions, I'd sell it for something else.

By the way, your post has no grounds here as you are talking about the 2011 Unions and I'm talking about the 2012 models.

Spank you very much in the flying fish turd swimming upstream into a grizzly bear's mouth. Oh wait, that's salmon.