Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help Selecting My First Snowboard
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 02:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
rcheung

Default Help Selecting My First Snowboard

This will be my first snowboard and I'm looking for a very versatile board that will not only handle ANY and ALL terrain in an excellent manner, but will also adapt easily to my expertise level as I become a more advanced rider. I consider myself a beginning-intermediate right now - I'm still having problems with toe turns. Is there such a thing as an all-around great board that will be forgiving to beginners yet satisfy and even please advanced riders? I now know that I will get a board length between 150 - 155.

(Update #1)
I've managed to narrow my list down to the Lib Tech TRS MTX and the K2 Darkstar. All of the folks who responded to my above original post have provided me with great alternatives and it has been immensely difficult for me to decide. In any case, of my two finalists, which should I go with and what board length? Thank you so much for your help!

Last edited by rcheung; 02-22-2008 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Updating status of my board selection process