Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Linked my turns!!! with one problem :)
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
fayewolf

didn't mean to hijack this, but quick question to snowolf along this subject, a couple of times during my toe side turn, I would look where I want to go, then dip my shoulder and do the front foot relax manuever. My board will of course travel to the direction where I wanted to go, but I felt like my upper body is twisiting/fighting really hard so that my board doesn't swing all the way back uphill or come to a stop. Like I'm completely twisted around, keep staring down hill but my board still wants to go completely across the fall line. Is it because I'm digging my legs in too much with knee/toe pressure? Maybe I used too much pressure with my rear foot? This only happen when I'm doing those wide skidded turns. When I was practicing the shallow turns using the hump and dump motion, this never happens. (by the way, it was funny when I was up on the hill and keep chanting to myself hump and dump, what a great way to remember this!!)
fayewolf is offline   Reply With Quote