Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Team TLS boots review + aftermarket inserts
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
ashwinearl

Can you redo the heatmolding on the intuition liners? There is a you tube video about using the rice in the microwave method.

The Nitro liners have some very nice padding around the Achilles tendon that does a pretty good job of grabbing the ankles right out of the box. I actually ended up taking out a lot of the padding I put in because it seemed to end up putting too much pressure at the top of my foot/ankle bone. Same with that tounge insert.

One thing I am realizing is that there is a certain amount of flex in the front of the boot that is absolutely necessary. And that as a smaller lighter person, maybe a stiff freeride boot isn't for me.

The lower lace actually frayed the other day and the outer sheath came loose with just the inner cord left. The Nitro distributor I got a hold of has been out of this world in terms of customer service and replacement laces are available.

I am leaning towards a different boot though, maybe a mid flex nitro or northwave. But I have been impressed with this Team even with some of the issues.
ashwinearl is offline   Reply With Quote